Each year The Lure Show celebrates the newest innovations in Australian lure making through the Lure of the Year Awards. Exhibitors are invited to enter product into a range of categories which are then voted on via peer review from other exhibitors at the show.
All award winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner at the Exhibition Center, Ipswich Showgrounds from 6:30pm, Saturday night. For details on the awards dinner click here.
Award categories in 2017 are:
- Best Presented Stand
- Best Presented Collection
- Best Bibbed Diving Lure
- Best Swim Bait (no bib)
- Best Blue Water Lure
- Best Top Water / Surface / Wake Bait
- Best Bladed / Metal Lure
- Fly Tie-Off Competition
- Best Ornamental Piece
- Hall of Fame Inductee
Term & Conditions
- Lure of the Year entrants must be an Exhibitor at the Australian Lure Fly & Outdoors Expo.
- All entries (except Ornamental) MUST be available for sale at the expo. Not a one off lure.
- All entries (except Ornamental) MUST swim. We will be testing them…
- A maximum of one (1) lure may be submitted per category per exhibitor each year.
- ALL winning lures in each category (except Ornamental Piece) will be retained in a permanent Expo Collection. If you do not agree this, you cannot enter.
- Voting is by peer review. Each stand at the expo will be given a voting form. (One voting form per stand )
- Organisers will not be held responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
- Entries will not be accepted without a completed nomination form.
- One form to be completed for each lure nominated.